Tuesday 15 May 2018

Layers and More

Hello everyone!!
This is Anila here. I am super excited to be sharing my first DT post for Little Birdie Crafts. It feels awesome to be a part of a team so full of talent. I am looking forward to an amazing time full of learning over the next six months.
Let's get started now...
Today I am sharing a couple of cards created using awesome Little Birdie goodies.

I have used the  12"x12" Succulents Paper Pack for the first two set of my cards. These papers have a soft linen texture with some beautiful and vibrant printed succulents on them.
For my last card, I have used the 12"x12" Aquarelle paper pack. This pack too has papers with a soft linen texture. It comes in shaded/coloured washed designs.
CARD 1 from Succulents Paper Pack
Tip - While creating cards using papers having a busy design, you can use a piece of Vellum to tone down the effect of the background and make it more subtle.
       
I fussy cut the wreath randomly from the paper. I adhered this on a white card to give it a little thickness/stiffness.
Tip - While doing this always stick the paper on the card first and then fussy cut. This ensures you fussy cut only once.

Cut the paper from the pack in 6"x 6” size. Distress the edges.
Tip - To get the distressed look you can use a simple scissor blade instead of the distress tool. You can also tear the edges of the paper to get the distressed/torn look.

Die-cut the sentiment and a colored cardstock into a circle. Cut a piece of 5”x5” vellum.

Fussy cut some flowers from the paper pack.

I took a 6" x 6” white card base to adher all the elements. I created some levels using foam adhesive under few elements.
Tip - As vellum is transparent, while adhering vellum make sure that you put adhesive at places that will be hidden under the layers/embellishments.

CARD 2 using Succulents Paper Pack - A set 4" x 4" CAS Cards

I Fussy cut a lot of succulents from various papers from the paper pack.
Tip - For layering, adhere the images on a white cardstock and then fussy cut the images. This gives the images the necessary thickness/stiffness.

Took 2 (3.5”x3.5”) pieces of white card. I created ink-blended backgrounds, using pink and yellow distress inks on one and using blue and green distress inks on the other. 
Tip - Use a simple plain white paper to mask off areas while ink blending. Start blending from the mask and pull the colours down on the card. Hold the dauber very lightly while blending. This will give a soft blended look.  Any imperfections can be covered with the image/element on top.

I adhered the succulents over the blended background. Few were directly adhered using glue and few using foam adhesive to create a little dimension. (Oops... I missed clicking the pictures in between :(... )
Tip - While creating dimension, make sure only a few images are popped up. This creates focus on those images. If many elements pop up, the interest/focal point is lost.

I added the sentiments, from the paper pack, on the cards. Lastly, foam mounted these on coloured card bases.

CARD 3 with Chevron in Aquarelle Paper Pack
Tip - Do not get intimidated while making such cards (shown below). Nothing goes wrong in these type of cards. Collect all elements, create layers and assemble all the elements together to create an arrangement.

I took some green, yellow and orange papers from the Aquarelle paper pack.

I randomly tore/distressed some papers from the Aquarelle paper pack.

On a white card base, I adhered these papers by creating layers.

Adhered the primed chipboard with a doily under it. I created the arrangement using cheese cloth, thread, handmade flowers and leaves.

Lastly, I added a sentiment from the Succulents paper pack.
Tip - While adhering the flowers, apply glue only on the corners/ends of them, leaving the other end as it is. This gives a fuller look to the blooms.

That's all from my end today.

Hope you enjoyed making the cards with me. Keep watching this space for more inspirations!

Supplies used from Little Birdie Crafts:




No comments:

Post a Comment